For a bargain of excellence and price, no writer, whether beginning or advanced, within driving radius will want to miss Lancaster Christian Writers' Super Saturday 2015!! to be held April 11th, 2015, from 8:30am.-4:30pm at Lancaster Bible College, 901 Eden Road, Lancaster, PA 17601. This one-day writers conference offers a full slate of workshops taught by top industry professionals in both fiction and non-fiction fields. An early registration price of $50 is due by Wednesday, April 8, and includes soup/sandwich buffet lunch (think Panini!) and LCW membership. Registrations after April 9 and walk-ins day of the conference are $60.
A fiction track will be taught by award-winning novelists Dina Sleiman and Kelly Long along with children’s author Brenda Hendricks. Non-fiction faculty include TV/radio speaker, marketing expert, award-winning author of 19 books Karen Whiting, professional memoir and ghostwriter Shawn Smucker, journalist/social media experts Lisa Bartelt and Alison McLennan.Keynoting the opening session will be linguist, missionary, and author Grace Fabian.
Workshops cover such topics as:
- Market Yourself Now! Learn Tools to Develop Press Kit, Bio, Website, and Other PR Products.
- Writing Blockbuster Scenes: How To Keep Readers Flipping Pages and Asking For More.
- Transformed Manuscripts: Repackaging Your Ideas (Sold or Rejected) to Expand Marketability.
- The Unfortunate Truth in Fiction: Addressing Hard Issues Without Pulling Down Your Story.
- A Story To Tell: Surefire Do’s and Don’ts to Write a Gripping True Life Story or Memoir.
- Myers-Briggs for Your Protagonist: Applying Personality Types to Create Characters with Distinctive Qualities, Motivations, and Voices.
- Let’s Ride the Seesaw: Recruiting Your Inner Child to Communicate with Young Readers.
- 100% Guaranteed (Oh, Yeah?) Secret to Blogging Success Beyond Your Wildest Dreams!
A conference bookstore will offer a wide variety of writer resources and faculty titles. Conference attendees can get personal consultations with faculty on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Lancaster Christian Writers welcomes writers of all churches and denominations, all levels and genres. Monthly meetings offer opportunities for manuscript critique, networking with other writers, workshops and guest authors.
Mail Super Saturday 2015 registration form (or relevant info) and check or money order payable to: Lancaster Christian Writers, c/o Jeanette Windle, 1776 Euclid Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601. Email questions to LCW President Jeanette Windle at firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or call 717-209-0011 after 4 PM. For more information, see SS2015 Flyer, Schedule, Workshop Descriptions, Faculty Bio at above links.